Operation: Escape from India!

Me and Sue at Cavelossim beach



Dona Sylvia Beach Resort



Pool side basking!

Soaking up the rays!
We are officially enjoying our last full day in the resort! The weather has been beautiful and we have both been spending our time relaxing, reading, embracing the sunshine and eating fabulous food! Sorry, not much in the way of blogging this week...but unless you want to hear about what they served at the buffet or the current status on my sun tan... I've got nothing!


India has been an amazing adventure...full of fascinating places and overwhelming places!

We have been enveloped into the crush of humanity in some of the most chaotic train stations which are beyond description. I have seen extreme poverty side by side with extreme wealth...such a large gap with few in the middle. We watched open cremations by the Ganges river and dodged large groups of chanting family members carting their deceased loved one over their heads through the streets of Varanasi.

I watched the sunrise over the misty breathtaking Taj Mahal, that seemed to float in the morning clouds, and we nearly met our makers in more than one traffic mis-adventure! I was chased by a monkey, found a large lizard residing in my jacket, woke up to a mouse scampering past my head, fought off a hungry pack of crows trying to eat my lunch, was almost gored in in the stomach by a cow and watched a dog kill and eat a baby goat. I road a horse through the hills of Udaiper, complete with unintentional show jumping, and ran on the back of a camel through the Thar desert at sunset! I even saw a wild Bengal tiger!

I will never forget the smells...a combination of garbage, pollution, cow/human waste, incense and spicy curries wafting from the street vendors. My lungs have pretty much just taken up a 30 day smoking habit due to the thick pollution and I am looking forward to ridding myself of my smoker's cough. We took 6 planes and 7 trains and travelled thousands of kilometres across the country. We met some fantastic people and had a great experience....and the icing on the cake: 30 days of delicious Indian food and neither of us got so much as an upset stomach!


Tomorrow we are flying into Mumbai... I know, crazy, but that's where the plane lives that will be flying us to London and then home! I 'll post an entry once I arrive in Calgary so anyone who is concerned will know we successfully escaped from India!

 A great country, an amazing unforgettable trip but....get me the hell out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 comments: